JOB OFFER: Garage48 HUB looking for new manager
March 08, 2013
Are you passionate about the Estonian startup scene? Do you want to leave your mark to make it even better and help Estonian startups succeed? Over the last years, Garage48 HUB co-working and events space has grown to be the leading centre of Estonian startup activities. To take it to new level, we’re now looking for a new super person to manage all the activities of the HUB. Please see the job offer below, share it or apply yourself.
POSITION: GARAGE48 HUB MANAGER
is a tech startup co-working and events space in central Tallinn. The goal of Garage48 HUB is to advance the Estonian tech startups and make them more competitive on the world scale. We do that via events and activities in the areas of management, financing, sales, marketing, development, design and anything else startup people need to accomplish. Your goal is to make this happen and make sure Estonian startups make it big across the world.
The HUB events space is used for startup meetups, seminars, presentations and training events and can accommodate up to 60 visitors during formal events and 100+ people during informal events and parties. The HUB co-working space currently has around 40 flexible rental desks (to be increased to ~55 desks), used by startup teams of 1-3 people. The HUB is run by a 2-person team consisting of you and an events and sponsorship manager. The HUB is financed from co-working desk rental fees and sponsorship from private companies and public grants.Your main tasks will be:
The ideal candidate should:
- Full profit & loss responsibility and making sure the HUB is profitable
- Tactical planning and execution of all HUB activities (events and co-working)
- Planning and execution of HUB fundraising and finding new sponsors and other income streams
- Management of all HUB everyday activities and co-working office, including service supplier contracts
- Finding new startup residents and managing their agreements and billing
- Making sure the co-working residents are happy with the HUB and there is always a waiting list of people wanting to work at the HUB
- want to grow into the most important driver on Estonian startup scene
- be self-driven, energetic and outgoing
- be good at planning and finding innovative solutions to tough questions
- have previous startup or entrepreneurship experience
- have previous sales, fundraising and team management experience
- have good command of Estonian and English languages
It’s a full time day job with occasional need to attend the evening events at the HUB. You can start already end of March / beginning of April, so the sooner you apply, the better.
Please apply by 22nd of March, the latest!To apply, please follow those 2 steps:
- Step1 - Fill in the online interview form and answer 4 questions about you the best you can.
- Step2 - Send your CV and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org, please write the subject line: HUB Manager, Your Name
- If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com