Webinar on 19/Jan: How to pitch your technology company to US investors and strategic partners?
January 05, 2011
We have a new exciting event planned for the HUB members and Estonian startup community. It's going to be a webinar with experienced entrepreneur and VC Chris Risley, plus Estonian angel-investor and entrepreneur Yrjö Ojasaar.
GARAGE48 HUB PRESENTS A WEBINAR:
HOW TO PITCH YOUR TECHNOLOGY COMPANY TO
US INVESTORS AND STRATEGIC PARTNERS?
OR HOW TO RAISE $5 MILLION AND WHY YOU MIGHT WANT LESS!
Date: Wednesday, January 19th 2011
Time: 11:00 (Boston, USA) / 18:00 (Tallinn, Estonia)
Speakers: Chris Risley and Yrjo Ojasaar
Location: Garage48 HUB, Tallinn, Vana-Lõuna 39a-7
What you will learn?
Webinar is about one hour, developed specifically for technology companies located outside the USA wishing to raise money in America, will give you a blue-print to pitch your business to investors and strategic partners in the USA. After Chris finishes Yrjo Ojasaar will talk about practicalities related to "raising money in Estonia", giving some legal and business views.
The session will cover
- Funding: How & when to get funding from US banks, angels and venture capitalists
- Common myths about venture capitalists
- How to value your business
- How your business looks to VCs and investors
- The most common mistakes entrepreneurs make when pitching their business
- The 12 slides you should use to pitch your business
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs in the field of Information Technology (IT) who have started a company or who are planning to start a company and wish to raise money in the USA
- Advisors to early stage technology companies
- The sessions will mainly draw real world examples from IT, however the key lessons are substantially similar for Health & Life Sciences and Cleantech companies.
About the speakers
has led seven venture backed startups resulting in one IPO, three sales to public companies with three growing strong under hand-picked successors. He has raised a total of $150 Million in Equity for the seven startups. Chris is a frequent speaker on the topic of entrepreneurship and a mentor to start-up CEOs. Chris is an Operating Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. Chris Risley is Serial Entrepreneur; Currently Chairman StreamBase Systems.
is developing technology projects by finding leadership, advisors and financing for startup technology companies. Applying experiences with entrepreneurship, corporate governance, carrying out fundraising, M&A, IPOs to help prepare European startups for international success.
is a new and exciting co-working space in central Tallinn for creative, tech and entrepreneurial people not just from Tallinn, but all around Estonia, Europe and beyond. It's run by Estonian entrepreneurs and the non-profit Garage48 Foundation.
We had 20 people signed up for the HUB and 23 people for the online webinar.